Thursday, January 11, 2007

Love at First (ultra)Sound

Just had the first ultrasound! Two arms, two legs, one head, yay! It was amazing to see little one move. S/he just jerked this way and that and we saw the little flickering light of the heart beat. I have the little black and white pictures posted on my fridge. It was crazy how quickly we could just recognize him/her. I wanted to keep watching but at the same time I was worried about being a bother. Maybe it was saying, "what are you doing?! get out of here!"
Met with a great midwife who really quelled my fears of having my birth plan thrown out the window and being pushed around and drugged up against my will. I feel very relieved but with a total sense of renewed anticipation. I'm just kind of in awe all over again. It feels more real now. Now that I know everything is ok, there really is a baby.

2 comments:

margaret said...

Oh, I am so excited for you! It's amazing how quickly the time passes between that first vision of you child and having the wiggling little thing yelling on your lap. It's an awesome journey ... enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.