Thursday, April 5, 2007

Baby's Coming! Time to Gamble!

I'm so excited... gambling. Ah, yes. One of my ultimately most ridiculous secret pleasures in life. I love to gamble. Back in the day I was the Black Jack Queen. Now I've resigned myself to Powerball tickets and the occasional scratch off. I haven't won yet but I've been brainwashed by the slogan "you can't win if you don't play". It's so true! I can't win if I don't play! I must!

Anyhow, I've brought the little bear in my belly into the scheme. We've officially started a pool tonight at work. So, who wants in!? I haven't even put my bet in yet. I could guess a date but not the sex. I don't know and I really, honestly, don't want to be wrong. Although I know how silly that sounds it's true. I hate the thought of having my first maternal instinct be off. But, for the love of the game I just might have to take a shot at it. So if any of you five people reading this blog want in... let me know. It's a $5 toss in. You can bet on the same day as someone else but only if you guess the opposite sex.

2 comments:

lukas said...

I've already placed my bet...being the narcissist that I am, I have bet on my birthday...and though I may be wrong and really have no clue, I was forced to bet a gender....so I said boy. Cause I want a little boy cousin for Lukas....again a self centered motivation..but at least I know that about myself...maybe because I think about myself a lot. O.k. point made. August 6th ...boy. I paid already. me

lukas said...

when are you going to write again....I'm sick of reading the same old one....hurry up and get inspired...tell us all how you feel...last trimester....any new pangs...new fears and hopes....plans....I have loads of clothes to let you borrow....come and get em....