Wednesday, August 22, 2007

these days...


Life is just flying by. In a good but bittersweet way. In an incredibly beautiful way that time has never passed for me before but already with a hint of longing for these minutes to stretch just a little further. It's 2 pm. So far today I've managed to take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast and mow about 10 square feet of lawn. Just add nurse and change Tess in between each one of those basic daily tasks and you have my past three hours. And I love it. I have books and magazines piled up to read during the hours a day I spend feeding her but I've yet to finish one article. I just stare and stare knowing I'm witnessing her grow and change without being able to understand or really see it. Writing just this has taken 42 minutes already. She's been on my lap as I rock her and type a sentence one handed then break to breathe her in for a few minutes more.

So, as well intentioned as I am to continue internet journaling this time with her it's going to take me a while. I haven't even started to write down her birth story and it's been over two weeks! This might turn into more of a week by week photo journal. Just one way to try and track these days I'm reluctantly letting go by.


2 comments:

lukas said...

I don't know if my hormones are still whacky but looking at that picture and reading your blog just made me cry. It's funny...it does and doesn't go fast...I think that it is just so much obvious change that it brings a new sense of what time is and what it does to us all to light. It is just so precious. I am so happy that you feel that way.

Unknown said...

hi kirsten-
baby blessings!
how funny- I found you online again through mothering.com this time. id love to come by and meet Tessa! give me a call if you still have my number or email me at greentaramama@gmail.com
michelle (from elements...)