Monday, September 22, 2008

Hard Day's Night


So Tessa is absolutely fab-u-lous. The problem is she knows it. Damn it! When people say, "oh isn't she beautiful!" Cue direct stare, smile and wave.

We're dealing with a diva already. I kid you not the child would snap her fingers at me if she could figure out how. Instead she has found many different ways of getting her point across including, but not limited to, whining at an ever increasing pitch, hanging onto my legs and pushing me in the direction she wants me to go, throwing herself in a full backbend, smiling while biting her bottom lip and pointing at desired object, sending telepathic messages, attempting to run on air, hugging and kissing with mouth open then biting my cheek and laughing.

Today was a hard day. She is just very very non-stop. She's very independent and willfull. She will walk down the sidewalk by herself, she will eat the broccolli raw before I get a chance to cook it, she will not sit and eat in her high chair she will not eat anything at all should I press the subject.

Oh My God I'm so scared to death of her in 12 years. I must take control now. But how?! Jason laughs and tells me this is what I get for trying to be AP. My mother laughs and tells me the terrible twos are a joke it's really the terrible one through fours nobody tells you till it's too late. Everybody laughs cause it's funny when it's not you.

It's not as bad as it sounds, I think. I've just had a hard day. Jason's gone to Saratoga on business and as of now, 9:30 pm, I'm sure he's out at some bar with work guys having a beer and talking about work crap. Poor guy. (rolls eyes) I don't have it bad either at the moment. I'm sitting here next to my half empty bottle of wine, trying to get in as much leisure time as possible watching three different shows at once, a book open and typing this up. Ah, what a peaceful night. Meanwhile, the monitor heaves and shifts as Tessa almost wakes up again and again and I sit on the edge of my chair wondering if I should just brush my teeth now or if I really will get to before she starts to cry again.

I'm being over dramatic perhaps, but really it's hard to imagine doing all of this over again. Everyone I know with babies is talking seconds and I just look around and start to wonder why I'm not really catching the baby fever.

Uh. There she is.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sigh, I know those moments...to brush the teeth or not....to make the soup, read the book or watch the movie and in the end will it fill you with enough a sense of "fun" and "relaxation" that you can be satisfied again being the servent to your little master. Lukas likes to yell "come mommy...come now!" He demands all. Even when he says please his subtext is "now mommy now!". How does a child know about subtext at such a young age...words are so tricky....