Sunday, February 4, 2007

all dressed up with a cake! (and still nowhere to go)

I just made a fabulous chocolate cake with strawberries and dark chocolate shavings! Will post a picture when J downloads my 10,000 shots of it. I'm wearing some of my new super comfy maternity clothes my mom bought me recently. I'm not exactly 'big' yet but my regular clothes are beginning to feel awkward. Rising up here, hanging over there. Just not too pretty. I'd rather wear these fitted but billowy shirts that hang way past the waist. Certainly not a fashion queen but it's my day off and I want to feel good about myself. (Key to that was opting out of trying on a bathing suit)
I had most of the ingredients for the cake just around and since it's my dad's and my friend's birthday I thought I'd bake one. I ate half the frozen strawberries before they made it on the cake and licked the batter realizing immediately it might make me very sick. Oops. (It was delicious anyways and made me feel like a kid) Dad's too far away to enjoy it and who knows if I'll end up seeing my friend but I felt productive for about 1.5 hours today.
Dog is so incredibly bored she can't stop whining and I feel bad but it's so damn cold and windy out I just can't bring myself to go out there. She runs around the yard and then slams at the door saying come on! Get out here with me! Nope, I'm lazy and useless. Saving my energy for baby (admitted bad excuse).
I'm at 14 weeks and 2 days. I feel like it's going really quickly and that kind of scares the hell out of me. Breathing deeply to slow the time. I'm also eating nervously constantly. I've put on just about 6 pounds at this point. Can't get enough fruit or peanut butter. I have a feeling soon it'll be chocolate cake with strawberries.

1 comment:

margaret said...

We want pictures! Yum, yum, yum!