Monday, February 19, 2007

My New 'Twang...

That sounds a little dirty. Anyways, I was just thinking how I could really write a country music song at this point in my life. All they have to be is depressing right? Well.... my cell phone got fried (it was our only phone), our jeep broke down, the furnace suddenly stopped working last night and I'm pregnant and freezing now... It's cold in here, damn cold (this would be the refrain). I'd have to throw in somewhere that our house is a money pit and I have rodents living in between the floors.
It's really a lovely scene. Romantic. I keep reminding myself that this is somehow romantic! A hard spot in life can usually be looked back upon as sweet and naive. Like in five years from now I'll look back at this very moment and say, "Oh, wasn't that amazing! And we had no idea that winning powerball ticket would be in our hands just days later!"
That's what I'm counting on. Winning powerball and spring. Which ever comes first. Once I can reach the ground without digging through 3 feet of snow I'll be happy. Once I can drive five minutes to our swimming hole and rock sculpture playground and splash around all big and pregnant and happy.

1 comment:

margaret said...

I've been thinking recently that I should probably start playing the lottery because then I'm pretty sure I'll win. If I do, I'll be more than happy to share!