Saturday, February 24, 2007

How does that make me feel?

This is such therapy I've realized. All this venting and editing and being free to live somewhat uncensored and then realizing you're the only one censoring yourself at all. I do censor what I write on here. I was thinking about that big task of spilling "100 things about me" that I've seen some bloggers take on and I started a list yesterday while working at the cafe. I got to #3 and then I threw out the paper. There's a lot I'm sure I could jot down quickly but could I really come up with 100 interesting and at the same time non-incriminating details of my life that I wouldn't be deathly afraid someone I know might see? I guess not. I'll be trying though for the next however long. It's my newest goal. Ah, to have to goals in life....
Really though, I don't know how long I'll go on journaling here on the world-wide web but it has been my own type of catharsis. I'm not one who's ever allowed myself the indulgence of 'real therapy'. Personally, (and I mean this with complete respect to all the loonies out there who really need therapy) I can't really imagine spending that much money to make someone listen to me whine. I've got J for that and he's free. And now, of course, I've got you. So I'll try to come up with more interesting insights into this random new blogger's life.

2 comments:

margaret said...

I am SO with you on this being therapy. I've got real-life friends who read my blog, but they pretty much know all about me anyway. Sometimes the fact that they read my blog leads me to change what I want to write, but not normally. Most of the time I just figure that they will learn something new about me!

And then just recently I've started actually meeting my online friends, so now they're becoming real-life friends. It's awesome!

lukas said...

Has you're mother in law read this....your brother in law (german man in burlington)